AAAA records store a 128-bit Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) address. These IPv6 does not fit the standard A record format. Example: 2001:0db8::85a3:0000:0000:6a2e:0371:7234 is a valid 128-bit/IPv6 address. It maps the hostname to an address associated with a domain name and specifies that AAAA records must be processed.
To Create or Update an AAAA Record for Your Domain
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- In the My Products section, click Domain Manager.
- Click the domain name for which you want to create a AAAA record.
- In the Total DNS section, click Total DNS Control.
- Click Add New AAAA Record or click for an existing record you want to edit.
- Complete the following:
- Host Name — The host name or domain name linked to this AAAA record
- Points to IPv6 Address — The 128-bit address
- TTL — How long the server should cache the information
- Click OK.