A TXT record is an informational record you can use to provide additional information about the named service. You can use a TXT record to include notes about a host, or you can format it to provide technical information to servers. Using the “name=value” format, where the characters preceding the first “=” sign are the name, and everything after the first “=” sign is the value, you can enter up to 255 characters.
NOTE: You can create multiple TXT records, but the cumulative length cannot exceed 512 characters.
To Create or Update a TXT Record
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- In the My Products section, click Domain Manager.
- Click the domain name to update.
- In the Total DNS section, click Total DNS Control.
- Click Add New TXT Record or click for an existing record you want to edit.
- Complete the following, and then click OK:
- TXT Name — The host name for the TXT record. You can enter @ to map the record directly to your domain name, or enter the subdomain of your host name (for example, www, ftp, etc.).
- TXT Value — The value you want to assign to the record.
- TTL — How long the server should cache the information.